- Certification News
- Basic Information
- Applying for Certification
- Maintaining your Certificate
- Professional Development Replaces CEUs
CEA Student Program
CEASP offers unique opportunities in professional development, community outreach, leadership, and networking with future teachers all over the state. These opportunities are meant to support and supplement a future teacher's preparation and entry into the teaching profession. Workshops and conferences are offered on a variety of topics including classroom management, interviewing, resume writing, Praxis, etc.
There are several college campuses throughout the state that have local CEASP chapters. Each local chapter plans an enormous variety of professional development opportunities and community outreach activities throughout the year that are appropriate to their member's needs and wishes, including:
- tutoring and mentoring in local schools
- planning and implementing after-school and special event activities in schools
- workshops on their campuses
- school supply, canned foods, and winter coat drives
- student leadership programs
- Read Across America day activities
- an annual Apple Banquet to honor and recognize members' contributions to their clubs
CEA Student Program members are also members (and receive the benefits of) the Connecticut Education Association, the National Education Association, and the NEASP.
For more information please contact the State Student Organizer: Michele O'Neill
WCSU students recently planned and conducted a successful, "Have Fun, Stay Fit" event with the students at Danbury's Broadview Middle School.
One college professor's advice to "Start your job search long before you end your college program", courtesy of Education Week.
A readers shares their comments to a blog post entitled "Why I Teach."
Wallingford academic carnival gives future teachers a leg up
Upcoming Meetings and Events
Chapter Officers' Meetings
Dinner is served at 5 PM; meeting starts at 5:30 with a mini-training session and usually ends around 8:30 PM
These events go from 9 AM-3 PM (roughly), and include breakfast and lunch
5:00 - 10:00