For Local Presidents
DiGiovanni Future Teacher Scholarship Fund
The Phil DiGiovanni Future Teacher Scholarship of the Connecticut Education Foundation (CEF) shall serve the following purposes:
- To memorialize the contributions and service of Phil DiGiovanni to the CEA and the teaching profession.
- To assist and encourage highly-qualified students to enter the teaching profession.
- To offer a benefit to CEA members and CEA staff members and to ensure that these students who have clearly indicated their intention of entering the teaching profession receive the support of CEF, active and retired CEA members and the CEA student program when and where appropriate.
- To offer continued professional support upon entry into the profession.
CEF will award a $2000 scholarship for each year of undergraduate study leading to obtaining Connecticut teaching credentials.
- At least one parent or legal guardian must be a current member of the Connecticut Education Association or a currently employed CEA staff member. (Active or Retired).
- The applicant must be enrolled as a full-time college school student who has completed at least three semesters or four trimesters within the last two years.
- The applicant must indicate evidence of pursuing interest in teaching as a career and confirm his/her intention to enter the teaching profession in Connecticut.
- The applicant must present evidence of maintaining a 3.0 cumulative index average on a 4 point scale during his/her college career.
- The applicant should provide instances of leadership roles, community activities, volunteer experience and financial need.
- The applicant must present evidence of pursuing a full time course of study that will result in obtaining teaching credentials in CT.
- The applicant must present evidence to the President of CEF of sustaining a 3.0 cumulative average for each year of study.
To apply for this scholarship grant, download and fill out the application form listed below. All applicants will be notified of the status of their application by June 15. Recipients will receive notification by certified or registered mail.
|Scholarship Application Form|
Contact Shannon Waxenberg
Phone 800-842-4316 or 860-525-5641