Safe Working and Learning Environment
Contact your legislators today and urge them to pass Classroom Safety Bill 7110, which
- Protects teachers and students
- Provides much-needed support to students with behavioral issues
- Addresses children's mental health and social-emotional needs
Goal: Advocate for classroom safety laws that address student violence and aggressive behavior in the classroom and provide services and supports to help troubled students who lash out in school; adopt laws that address health and safety risks in public school buildings, such as mold and extreme air temperature.
- Protect teachers and students from dangerous situations and provide supports to help ensure safe classroom settings
- Provide mandatory services for aggressive students, particularly those whose violent actions indicate the need for additional resources
- Require teacher input in district plans and responses to address violent students' actions and to determine appropriate services and supports to help students
- Direct additional resources such as social workers and other specialists to children whose behavior is or could become, dangerous to themselves, other students, or staff.
Tell Us Your Story
CEA is working to pass legislation that protects students and teachers from dangerous situations in the classroom and provide support and services for aggressive students, but we need to hear from you. Share your stories about what's happening in your classrooms. Tell us why teacher assault is a major problem in our schools that must be addressed.