Improve Student Learning, Achievement, and Opportunities
Direct current resources toward programs and strategies that have been proven to increase learning and opportunity.
- Extend access to high quality pre-school
- Establish full day kindergarten opportunities
- Establish tutoring opportunities and other strategies to ensure students' literacy and numeracy proficiency by the end of the third grade
- Require the Connecticut State Department of Education to develop and disseminate school climate surveys for use by Connecticut schools
- Expand locally developed school transformation models, such as community schools to reform low-performing schools.
A Community School is at the center of the community — open all day, every day, to everyone — that brings together academics, health and social services, youth and community development and community engagement under one roof, leading to improved learning, stronger families, and healthier communities.