Shiny Apple, Rotten Apple
Are your state legislators supporting students, teachers, and public education or are they working hard against everything you believe in?
Click here for a list of education-friendly legislators who introduced bills requested by CEA that would support public education and the rights of students and teachers.
- Protect public school funding
- Exclude state mastery exam scores from teacher evaluations
- Provide all students with the opportunity to learn and achieve.
Educators should thank these advocates for their efforts to improve public education.
- Prevent employees from joining a union or paying dues (making Connecticut a right to work state)
- Eliminate defined benefit pension plans
- Limit wage increases in binding arbitration awards
- Privatize up to half of all public services