Maintaining a Valid Certificate

Is Your Teaching Certificate Up-to-Date?

The State Department of Education is the state agency that grants certificates and stores teacher certification information. Anyone seeking information about obtaining or maintaining a Connecticut certificate may visit THIS LINK to find information and determine which forms to use. The ED 170 Form is a general application for certification, and may be used in cases where one is uncertain about which level of certificate to apply for or which forms to use.

It is each individual teacher's responsibility to maintain his or her teaching certificate. As a professional, it is perhaps the most important thing you can do to assure your continued employment in a school district AND protect your retirement benefits.

Meeting certification application deadlines will help protect you from the hassles that mayresult from letting your certificate expire.

Download PDF version

Moving Through Connecticut's Certification Continuum

Back to Top